3.04.2011

A few Random Pictures...

He matches the couch...well the top 1/2 of him. Not sure what he's looking at. :)
Photobucket

Last Sunday Annika made crowns in both Sunday School and Junior Church. Van is still in the nursery so he did not get one. Annika shared! :)
Photobucket

A Close up: Just when I thought he was growing into his ears! ;)
Photobucket

Something you may not have known about Annika, but she ALWAYS naps in her PJ's. She hates to wear jeans to bed (which I don't blame her). Well last Sunday she came out and dressed herself in these PJ's pretty cute, huh?!?!
Photobucket

Also impressive, check how far she got them zipped up! :) Pretty good for on backwards! :)
Photobucket

Making blonde brownies for the evening service fellowship! 
Photobucket

I got some tags in the mail (mama made tags) to put on my sewing and the Annika and Van LOVED them! It kept them busy while I finished up lunch!
Photobucket
If you can't tell Annika loves these pj's! We got them in a hand-me-down box of clothes and she would live in them! Except at night to sleep in (she gets to hot, so changes and will put these back on when she wakes up and sleeps in them at nap time). I do get them off of her long enough to wash! :)
___________________________________________________________________________________ 

Seeing this last pictures also reminded me (it was taken Monday after I got back): I went to the doctor on Monday (2nd pre-natal appointment). Everything looks good, heard the heart beat it was 146 (always a sweet sound)! We have our 20 week ultrasound 3 weeks from Monday. 

We (more so me) really are going back on forth on wanting a surprise (not knowing whether boy or girl). We "knew" with Annika what we were having (although they were wrong so we were kind of...or rather really surprised). :) We knew for sure with Van. I think we are more leaning toward knowing so we can plan on what to do about rooms (whether baby will share a room with Annika or Van). Although I guess it doesn't matter since for the first few months baby will be in the living room (mommy doesn't sleep well and adding a grunting baby in the room doesn't help). ;) We tried it with Annika, she was in the same room with us oh for about 3 days. With Van...well we didn't even try. He was in the spare room right next door.

Another reason I want to know....I want to sew some baby things! ;)

Just wanted to share this fun story about Annika and going to the doctors!

I woke Annika the morning of my appointment to get her ready (we had to leave earlier than their normal wake up time), but I asked her if she was ready to go to the doctor. She told me she did not want to go. Annika hasn't been to the doctor much in her life besides her well-baby check ups (which stop at 2 years old). Well she did end up going the Emergency Room. In which they gave her medicine (she HATES medicine...and who can blame her). :) Well she was not to happy about going even when she found out that the appointment wasn't for her but for mommy. So laying in her tent (um...yes she hasn't slept in a bed since she got her tent on December 17th for an early Christmas present), I told her that mommy had to get a shot (really they just needed to do some blood tests - regular pregnancy stuff) and asked her if she wanted to come and see. To which Annika with a smile on her face shook her head...I wasn't sure whether to be pleased that she wanted to go or not.... 

Well she did watch and didn't think much of it. Let me tell you for two small kids in a waiting room, mine did pretty good. Van my NOT shy little boy kept singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and impressed everyone with his counting abilities. He can count up to 13 now (kind of, I noticed that he forgets the number 12...which is kind of funny b/c when Annika counts she also forgets the number 12...guess he's learning from her)! :)




No comments: