3.25.2011

A Big Boy and New Shirt

I just wanted to share a picture of Van that I took a few days ago. He doesn't look to much like my little baby anymore. :) He's getting so big! He's getting ready to turn 21 months old and he is amazing us everyday with the things he is learning! He's still on the short side (but that's okay so is his mom and she's made it thus far). ;)

Photobucket

This is the shirt I made for him. I wasn't allowed to share it until now as it was in the testing stage (I was one of the testers). I had so much fun making this shirt! It was my first time making a shirt out of knit (stretchy t-shirt-like material) and doing neck binding. The neck binding was A TON easier than I thought (I don't know what I was so afraid of). I have wanted to tackle neck binding for awhile now.

This shirt was really cheap to make as all the fabric you see is from the thrift store (striped fabric was $2 for 4 yards and red fabric $1.50 for 3 yards) except the neck binding. I had a hard time getting it off him and he really liked it!

I have one more made, it's just waiting for some neck binding (which I'm waiting for a piece to arrive in my mailbox from a friend). ;)

No comments: