2.25.2007

The Joys of being a Pastor's Wife



Okay, so at 5:13 am we got a phone call from a man in our church. He was stranded in a nearby town (because of the snow). He said that he tried calling his wife, but was unable to get a hold of her (the phones weren't working). He said that she would be worried sick, so me, being the good pastor's wife that I am, said "sure, we can get a hold of her for you" (that meant going to her house and letting her know).

So I woke David up to let him know. He got up with me and we decided to take the trek to this lady's house. Boots, hats, coats, and gloves went with us to the car, we cleared off the snow, and started to go. We did pretty well.....until we found out how deep the snow really was....we got stuck! We almost got out, but couldn't quite make it.

So much for the car, we decided to trek the 1/4 mile to their house at 5:30 am. The roads were plowed for the most part, so it wasn't too bad of a walk (except I am 1 week away from my due date....talk about a waddling penguin). :o) David did say he would go by himself, but I thought "what elderly lady wants to open her door to a man when it's dark out." So I insisted on going along.

Finally, we got to the house, knocked on the door, she comes to the door (she was watching TV) and says she knows!! UGH!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much snow did you guys get? We got almost 2 1/2 feet from Friday night through Sunday afternoon. We're now in another Winter Storm Advisory from tomorrow morning through Friday afternoon! :-) Could possbily get another 6 inches they're saying, crazy huh! Make sure you let me know when that little Casey or David Jr. arrives! A week left, what a cinch! Don't worry everything will be just fine. But I completely understand when you say you want him/her our of your ribcage! :-) TTFN Kristen