2.19.2011

Valentines Day and Beyond!

Wow is February almost half over?!?! This month is FLYING by!

First up is Valentine's Day: Here's a slide show of the kids on Valentines Day. Just a bit of background. We really don't celebrate Valentine's Day. But this year I found a blog post that mentioned about making Valentine bags a week a head of time and than through out the week you can make a Valentine for anyone and just drop it in their bag. Annika had a blast with this! So each of us made a bag (well mommy and Annika made daddy's bag). I did find out that through all of this Van LOVES glue sticks. :)


Next up is some pictures of the kids from the other day! It was a day filled with fun and excitement!

First up: We started the day out with some painting. We were making some streamers for spring (although I didn't get them finished, which may not be that big of a deal since we expecting A LOT of snow this week).

Photobucket

Photobucket

 Next up: Puddle Jumping (for 1 hour). It was a pretty nice day about 40 degrees (a heat wave considering what we've been having). Quite a few pictures in this section...


Poor Van....he got Annika's old boots! Don't worry we won't put him in her pink ones when the time comes! :)

Annika is looking older than her almost 4 years in this picture! She's growing up!! 
Photobucket


Watching Annika!

Stomping in the puddles!
Photobucket

FUN!!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Trying his hardest to stomp!
Photobucket


After the puddle jumping came the lunch and cookie baking! Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies.

Photobucket


Photobucket


The BEST part of helping!
Photobucket

After that came naptime for the kiddos and a quiet time for the mommy (I might of even taken a nap). ;)

Isn't she just sweet?!?!
Photobucket

After that we spent another hour outside puddle jumping and delivered some of our cookies to the neighbors!


Last but not least is a video of the Van-man. I'm completely suprised with how much he's picked up in the last couple of months. We found out a few nights ago that he can count to 5 on his own (9 w/ some help). But today I was working on the computer and he was sitting at my feet playing and I hear, "like a diamond in the sky." So here's a video of him singing the rest of it!



Well I think that about catches you up with what's been up us at the Stertz House hold!

All is going well with David, he is keeping pretty busy. His days are filled with working at church, meeting with people, classes Thursdays, and working on the house (when he's not doing the other things). I'll update more on the house on Monday or Tuesday.

Me, well....not much has been up. I'm struggling with headaches (sinus stuff). This pregnancy seems to be so different than either Annika's or Van's. I wasn't sick with either of them and am thankful that for the most part my morning all day sickness is gone! I have a doctors appointment in a couple of weeks (I'll write more about that after I have it). :)

Whew...that was long! The kids are officially in bathed and in bed! ;)

I hope this finds you all well! Have a great Sunday!

No comments: