7.25.2008

Busy at the Stertz Household

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. I expected it to somewhat slow down since VBS but that has not happened. I have been watching kids galore! This week on Monday Annika and I rode with David to drop the teens off at Camp Chetek. On Tuesday Annika had some friends come over (David, Matthew, Joshua, and Timothy) there mom had to run someplace so they came to play for a bit with her. On Wednesday some more friends came over (Elizabeth, Avery, and Alexander). On Thursday we went to see Mrs. Christine (or has Annika affectionately calls her "Teen"). :) All of her daycare kids were there plus another family from our church. They loves to play with other kids and got her fair share this week! When we were at Camp on Monday Pastor Randy invited us to come back a day early and just hang out. Today we are headed to Camp and we will bring the teens home tomorrow for their week at Camp.

I also hit a few garage sales on Thursday and did pretty good. My Garage Sale Buys:

4 yards of a lightweight cotton fabric for $1 (I'm hoping to make Annika a dress with this as I love her in yellow).

I got another 2 yards of white fabric with large pink polka dots also 69 cents (this will also be turned into a dress for Annika).

A bicycle (you know those cute tiny ones that have training wheels, not a trike). I figured by the end of next summer she will be riding this. It's in pretty good shape (could use a seat although the one on it is fine it just doesn't look all that grand) and the rubber handle bar grippies at the end of the handle bars. I paid a whopping $1 for the bike....Not to bad!

I also got baby monitors (this was my original reason for going to garage sales) and long and behold I found some that have only been used twice for $5 (now if I could figure out how to use them). :)

I also stopped at the thrift store in my town (it's not been open for to long, but it's pretty nice). While I was there I found a very pretty red velvet dress in a size 24 month. That is what Annika will be in at Christmas time so I figured I'd buy it for $3 (not bad) so I took it up to the counter and noticed when I got up there that there were some faint white marks on it (maybe paint) not completely sure. I was still going to buy it b/c it looks like I could get it off and the lady said, "Oh why don't I sell it to you for 50 cents) well that was a done deal! I'll have to post some pictures later of all the things I got.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

You and Kaleb are at Chetek at the same time, so not fair!!! I love the shirt you made!!